- What to call the Romford to Upminster line?
Transport for London is about to give the London Overground lines names.
- Superloop is good, actually
Superloop will be a series of orbital express bus routes around London.
- An idea so good it has been announced many times
Contactless bank card payments for ticketless National Rail journeys outside London is such a good idea that it has been announced many times, over many years, by many transport secretaries.
- Keep an eye on Google
How easy will it be for communities to convince Google they are a digital low traffic neighbourhood and should be geofenced?
- You can’t influence the narrative if you aren’t part of the conversation
Campaigns that do not engage with new social media risk losing control of the narrative.
- Publishing to the Fediverse
This website has implemented ActivityPub so you can follow authors on Mastodon and other federated platforms.
- The challenges facing transport in London
At this pivotal moment, there is pressure to reduce service levels and put up fares. But there are other ongoing issues.
- Technology for evil and the environment
Technology is moving from a tendency for evil to deliberate evil and the environmental sector isn’t ready.
- What does a railway centred on the passenger look like?
There are new ways for the public to participate in railway planning
- England is missing out on a generation of new rail-oriented housing development
Planning new homes around rail transport is not working
- Transport for London’s underwhelming new app TfL Go is still big news
Like being back in the early days of smartphone apps
- If Active Travel England is set up right it could increase walking and cycling for residents of new homes
The new public body for active travel has a lot of potential
- Why is Britain unable to imagine a high-speed future?
High speed rail is an uncontroversial reality in much of the world
- Government has botched the regulation of e-scooters
New measures fail to solve their problems
- Towards a more inclusive environmental activism
We can be better
- Rail franchising is over
What will emerge in response to COVID-19 is still uncertain and up for grabs
- London: a walkable city?
Video about the importance of walking in London.
- Can we ration public transport?
When social distancing is not possible
- Why the UK needs a National Travel Smartcard
Now is the smart time to act
- Homes Before Roads buried plans to build motorways in London
Why would anyone want to dig them up again?
- Abolish the London fares zones
It is time they were replaced with something that better reflects what London needs.
- Boris Johnson has promised “London-style” bus services for other cities
So where’s the money coming from?
- Transport for London just cut its bus services
You probably didn’t notice the biggest change to the capital’s bus routes in years
- The Oxford Street pedestrianisation is just the start of making London a place where more people walk
We will get what we build for
- Driverless cars and Mobility as a Service can improve our world
So long as they’re properly regulated
- People with longer commutes rearrange their whole week around it
Being able to walking to work really could make you happy
- TfL’s east London road crossings plan is terrible
Air pollution, traffic, no space for cycling
- What do you love about where you live?
Starting a neighbourhood plan with love